Thursday, September 23, 2010

GhanaMan About Town

I have always been a fastidiously-slow learner, but when I see the light, it is often very bright.

I am not too sure that it was coincidence to be seated at a hotel, near work, for a two-day meeting, and catch the Ben Affleck-starring 2006 film "Man About Town". The story revolves around a Hollywood agent who has everything any guy would want--a goo job, money, a lovely wife, etc. At least he THINKS he has everything, for his wife is cheating on him, and when he finds out, he is more than gutted. He embarks on an introspective journey wherein he starts writing a journal, which is sadly stolen. Sad, because the journal affords him the opportunity to pore his heart and secrets out--as journals are wont to do.

That is where I will stop with the narration of the movie, because the operative word here is the journal.

At a time when my blogging has suffered because of what seems like an element of over-prioritisation of my deepest thoughts in my own journal I have been writing for 22 years (I have journals dating to 1988!), I thought it was not really that coincidental to be reminded --in a supernatural and esoteric kind of way--about the insights and values offered by journal-writing, which is seriously helping me deal with some of the existential angst I am going through right now.

Sometimes, life is truly about coming full circle to "find the truth"...


___sent: e.k.bensah (OGO device)+233.268.891.841/ekbensah@ekbensah.net


------------------Sent from ekbensah jr's nokia e63
*twitter.com/ekbensah
*www.ekbensah.net
*Contact me: +233.268.891.841

These words brought to you by Ogo.

4 comments:

Ghana_Hall_of_Shame said...

Journals dating back to 1988??? Gosh! How old was I then? 1... 2... 3... I lost count.
Keep your head up EKBjr

Vest said...

I recall my first visit to Ghana while serving aboard the HMS Ceylon. Our Admiral Sir Varyl Begg Represented the Brit govt at the celebrations of independence March 6 1957. I'll get back to you shortly.

Vest said...

Our ship sailed to takoradi on the Gold Coast where we unloaded stores and provisions for the ceremonies that were to take place in Accra the people were extremely friendly, there was much celebration, "Freedom Freedom was their familiar chant. I stayed at the United Africa Guest House overnight after the celebrations on March 6th . I was the worse for wear and my uniform had been washed and prevented me to return to the ship on time the following day.

more to this story.

E K Bensah Jr said...

GHOS--Many thanks for the encouragement, Mike. Been a while!;-) What to do with ALL those writings...the mind boggles!!

Vest--given your history, would love to hear from you!! Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Footer Fancies

eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design

CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

My Photo Gallery

BlogCatalog Stuff!