Friday, June 17, 2005

Coming Back with a Whimper

Yesterday, I slept almost the whole day, which would not be strange if it hadn't been for the fact that I was also at the office sleeping!

Turns out that an onset of malaria had made its way into my system: as soon as I arrived at work, I started shivering inside like my life depended on it, and my joints felt painful.

To add insult to injury, the weather was quite warm outside--in stark contrast for the past couple of days/weeks--and so there I was looking rather ridiculous wearing my raincoat over my short-sleeve shirt.

Strangeness.

I was advised to go home, which I did.

Slept throughout from 3pm to 6.30pm like a baby, with Fenix lying by my side. Mum later in the evening made some characteristically hot cocoa (not hot chocolate for you non-Ghanaians, but corn dough, I believe, mashed to softness with water and sugar). When Dad came home, he brought the nemesis to my illness: ADAMSON-ARTISULATE--a very powerful, Chinese anti-malarial medication that you needs must take with paracetamol.

On top of all that, my stomach was aching. No lunch yesterday on account of NO appetite. I don't even feel like having brekkie thismorning, but if I don't my Mum is gonna kill me...;-)

which would be ironic wouldn't it?;-)

In any event, I have desisted from talking about the rain these past few weeks, because it has been TERRIBLE. Floods in the Central region, and parts of Accra. As I write, it's rained, and it will rain some more.

You can go check the following websites for the latest on Ghana:
  • Ghana News Today(from CITI FM's news team)

  • Ghana Web.com

  • Chal-ey.com


  • Until then, toodle pip.

    Incidentally, I hope my oft-regular readers are all doing well. Long time no comment, no?

    4 comments:

    Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

    Thanks Elsa! I'm a lot better, though I am sporting, as it were, a bit of a migraine...

    You're GETTING MARRIED??!!! Effing hell!!

    Incidentally, it was just coincidence that parents were around...

    Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

    You're linked my good man!

    Anonymous said...

    Glad you are feeling better

    Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

    elsa--was just by chance that they were there;-)

    I'm serious!;-)

    thanks Pearlsa...I am actually...hope you're doing great, too!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin

    Footer Fancies

    eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
    Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
    Brochure Design

    CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

    BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

    My Photo Gallery

    BlogCatalog Stuff!