Friday, April 15, 2011

"Do You Like Peace? I do!"

As I was plodding back to the office at lunchtime, I came across this sticker on the back of a motorbike.

"What a lame sticker!" I instinctively thought, then paused mentally.

What actually is peace? In Ghana, we like to bandy it around a lot, but what's really our conception of it?

Martin Luther King said long ago that "peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice".

Where's our water justice? electricity justice? road traffic justice? political party justice? social justice? police justice?

Sometimes, I wonder about the last part.

2 comments:

DiDi said...

We have all those Above mentioned Justices but its in toddler stage :)

E K Bensah Jr said...

Hi DIDI! Thx for ur comment;-) "toddler stage?" well, the baby better grow up--fast! It's already 53!!;-))

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Footer Fancies

eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design

CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

My Photo Gallery

BlogCatalog Stuff!