Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ghanaian Conversations--Only in Ghana!

MAN goes to shop, carrying basket. Points accusing finger to his car, while walking with a woman , who looks like his contemporary. He asks, almost shouting:

Have you closed the car window? my phones are both there...




As I walk from the shop, I see the woman, in the car, with her chin in her palm. She visibly looks despondent.

Is this a glimpse of how some Ghanaian women are living their married life?


SCENE TWO

COLLEAGUE IN OFFICE SPEAKING OVER PHONE: Are you almost in the area? Where are you?

MAN OVER PHONE SAYS SOMETHING

COLLEAGUE: So, you are in traffic? Whereabouts? Teshie?

MAN OVER PHONE SAYS SOMETHING

COLLEAGUE: What time do you think you might be here?

MAN OVER PHONE SAYS SOMETHING

COLLEAGUE: You want me to tell you what time you should be there as you are just leaving the house?!!

Duh!!

What can I say? Only in Ghana??

2 comments:

MIghTy African said...

hehe, aren't we just entertaining?

There's never a dull moment
:-D

Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Mighty---tell me about it! The stuff some people can say!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Footer Fancies

eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design

CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

My Photo Gallery

BlogCatalog Stuff!