Tuesday, August 25, 2009

CSI Tamale, or how Ghana Police "won't get fooled again..."

Mighty African threw me an open challenge yesterday regarding the post about "CSI Tamale". It's great to read that the University of Development Studies is the first tertiary institution to come out with a programme like this in the country.

The specific challenge was to try and write a thriller--all tongue-in-cheek of course--but I couldn't help but wonder of the possibilities that would flow from this development at UDS. If it had been another country, they might have decided to "follow" the students to see how they reconcile the fiction that is the fantastic CSI trilogy with the reality of down-and-dirty work of using science to combat crime.

On a funny note, I even thought of who might play Horatio Caine character, and just what music would be played each time he put on those crooked sunglasses he likes to carry.

Any takers? (please, no Van Vickers' or Jackie Appiahs!)

7 comments:

Darian said...

Ugh, not Horatio Caine! But for Grissom (CSI: Las Vegas) or Mac (CSI: NEw York), we could have Oscar Provencal, although he fits more Mac's profile than Grissom's. I don't know if we have anyone who can play Grissom. Horatio Caine is a caricature.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Inspector Bediako from back in the day.

Anyway, my vote will go to one of 2 guys:

1) The boyfried of Akessi or
2) The player hotel manager- Dede's lover

Both from the movie Perfect Picture.

PS- I think Van Vicker sux as an actor. He has potential to grow, but right now, I think he is doing a bad job at it.

Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Darian--looks like you don't much like Horatio Caine? I was never going to expect a Grissom-revisited with CSI Miami. I quite like his shyness and his very different personality. I think in the CSI Las-VEgas/CSI Miami cross-over, he was consistent: he's a good and astute detective, with a disarming quality.

Anonymous, regrettably haven't watched "Perfect Picture" yet, but thankx for ur insights into Van Vicker. I do think he has potential, but can do better, too. His roles as angry people, IMHO, are better-acted.

Ghana_Hall_of_Shame said...

That's a brilliant step @ UDS!

Navneet Panchariya said...

I found this web site to know more about Ghana. I hope it will help you.

http://www.indiavision.com/countries/

MIghTy African said...

oh chale, miseed this blog post.
about the Horatio Caine character, I think Nana Kwame Osei Sarpong (The player hotel manager- Dede's lover) should do. My friends and I think he did well in his small role as the police officer in Scorned. :-)

Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

GHOShame--UDS could make history by getting someone to shadow them from their studying of the forensics to when they graduate...ideas a-plenty, but who will take this kind of thing on?;-(

navneet--thanks for the link!

MightyAfrican--I take it ur a bit of a CSI junkie?;-)) I have seen "Scorned", but I forget the role he played. I'm thinking that Smith-Asante could play Horatio well;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Footer Fancies

eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design

CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

My Photo Gallery

BlogCatalog Stuff!