Monday, January 19, 2009

As the Week Opens in Accra: Reflections on Blogging about Life in Accra

I used to think that it was my international blog that got me stuck in what I call a blogging paradox, but it appears that almost almost four years of blogging about life in Accra, it seems I'm getting the block here as well.

In 2006, in order to ensure that the blogging came in free-flow, I started to categorise my posts. I came up with:


  • Darkness Falls...
  • , which chronicled living in testing times when the electricity went going off and on, and citizens were confined to what was called a load management. It seems so distant now that I had almost forgotten how serious a toll it had on one's finances.



    Before that, though, I had come up with As the Week Draws to a Close...in Accra, where I rounded up the week's events. From 2006-2007, there was quite a bit to write about; but in 2008, as Accra became increasingly Westernised, it seems like there was less to write about. Am unsure whether it has anything, though, to do with it, as there remain myriad number of problems and challenges in the country.

    Now that we learn that President Attah-Mills has inherited an economy that is broke, the task cannot be more daunting!

    All that said, with new categories like Mid-Week Madness and Taxi Tales, it seems like theer is plenty to write about, but I am just not feeling like writing it!

    Like the picture above, looked like insofar as my blogging here is concerned, I have reached the end of the road?

    I have said elsewhere that I don't like New Year resolutions, so there will be none of that here--just to say that I really do not have any excuse!

    The sky is my limit!

    I'll see you here soon!

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin

    Footer Fancies

    eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
    Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
    Brochure Design

    CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

    BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

    My Photo Gallery

    BlogCatalog Stuff!