Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Why this Terrible, Morning Traffic on the Spintex Road?


I live some ten minutes away from work. I'm on the infamous Spintex Road, which I have blogged about many a time, and where you can even find my video of how dark it gets on that road, which I took in April 2006 here.

All that said, I cannot for the life of me understand why since yesterday, when I left home around 8.05am, I would arrive at work--some ten, fifteen minutes max with light traffic away--at 9.55am!!!!!

This picture is just to give you a snapshot of the scale of the traffic this morning. It was the same yesterday morning, too.


I suspect the culprits are the feeder, back roads, which people are using, which block the main Spintex road that this picture was taken on.

If you can check the two figures in fluorescent clothing in this picture, they are police traffic officers who are supposed to be directing the traffic. Where they are standing is the feeder road, which private cars and tro-tros alike use to feed into the main Spintex road. It leads to the Lister hospital area, where, regrettably, my very good friend Mrs.Nana Amma Osei-Ahenkorah spent her last days in late April this year, culminating in her passing over on 1 May...


I tried to be clever by taking this picture from the rear-view mirror, or vizor, and this is the clearest I was able to get. Can you see the line trailing allllllll the way upwards?

Question, now, is what to do about such execrable traffic conditions. My visceral take is to deploy more police on the ground so that they can equally discipline those commercial vehicles, like the one in the first picture, that try to force their way when everyone else also wants to get to their destination on time!!

tags:
;;;;;;

4 comments:

ChicCheckTo said...

Thanks EK for the note. As you know, from my previous comments, I do keep track of your blogs; in fact I have been doing so for over a year now. An old unknown friend, that's what I am. Thanks once more for the note.

John Schaefer said...

Yes, trotor and taxi drivers are annoying, but the trotros are doing the service here in alleviating traffic (as high occupancy vehicles vs. low-occupancy ones like yourself).

Or don't you see it?

Anonymous said...

I like the Spintex Road because it serves as a lasting monument to our complete disregard for proper planning. The road is even embelmatic of the Ghanaian condition. This is my suggestion the Road should be open to ONE WAY TRAFFIC as follows: 4:00 am - 11:00 am (East Towards TQ). 3:00pm - 8 pm (West To Sakumuno).

Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

John, sorry, o!! I do see it! O the irony!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Footer Fancies

eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design

CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

My Photo Gallery

BlogCatalog Stuff!