Ok, so the launch date is tomorrow--21 March--, but I called again today--just to be safe.
Here are the instructions:
1. your mobile phone needs to be GPRS-compatible, which makes sense!!
2. you pay 50K cedis, or approximately $US5.5 in order to have your mobile GPRS-compatible
3. units are dependent on size of information you get
4. every 100kilobytes will attract 6.5 units
5. once GPRS is activated, you can get MMS also, which enables you to send and receive videos and pictures by text.
you might as well, while you wait in expectation and palpitation, check out TIGO (it replaced BUZZ some two weeks ago under the moniker of "a new cellular experience"):Tigo Ghana's website