Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Campaign for Google.Gh Begins Today, Whilst I'm Loving RSS...


google
Originally uploaded by ekbensah.
This afternoon, I visited the Google Foundation website, which you can access here to write this query:



I was tracking my organisation's website the other day, and came across google.sn, or a google based in Senegal.

I know for a fact that the average Ghanaian has at least ONE yahoo account. I am therefore wondering why GOOGLE has not considered setting up a google.gh. Is it on the cards any time soon?



SERENDIPITY FOR THE DAY: RSS in a Website


My curiousity got the better of me, and I decided to find out how to set up an RSS Feed. Here is my quick "how-to":



1. open an rss.xml page in notepad/wordpad (it will open automatyicaly, and ask you to create the name)--e.g. notepad rss.xml

2. go to this link: http://www.petefreitag.com/item/465.cfm{how to create an RSS feed}

3. follow steps, creating your own RSS feed using directions

4. save in notepad

5. go to http://www.feedvalidator.org/ to validate your feed

6. if invalid feed, it will direct you. Make corrections accordingly

7. upload on your website

8. go to feed reader (installed on your computer) and add it there.[try downloading it from this site here:http://cwc-uprising.tripod.com/rss.html

9. PRESTO!!!



It's Really [that] Simple Syndication!;-)

tags:rss; google ghana; google senegal; google ghana campaign; setting up rss on a website; ghana; accra

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Footer Fancies

eXTReMe Tracker Who Links Here
Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design

CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010

BlogCatalog / StumbleUpon

My Photo Gallery

BlogCatalog Stuff!